California rallies past Southern Cal 67-59Jan 10, 2010 - 5:51 AM BERKELEY, Calif.(AP) -- Jerome Randle scored 21 points and Theo Robertson added 20, leading California to a 67-59 victory over Southern Cal on Saturday night.
Dwight Lewis led the Trojans (10-6, 2-2 Pac-10) with 20 points, while Alex Stepheson had 12 and Nikola Vucevic 11.
USC opened the second half with a 19-12 run, overcoming a three-point halftime deficit and building a 46-42 lead with 12:23 left. The Trojans led 50-43 with 9:40 to play, but the Golden Bears (10-5, 2-1), using a smaller, quicker lineup, battled back.
Cal went on a 16-1 run for a 59-51 lead and held off USC from there.
Cal led by as many as seven points in the first half but was never able to shake the Trojans.
- NCAA BB
CALIFORNIA 67 FINAL
Jan 10 12:24 AM
- NCAA BB
CALIFORNIA 30 0:00 LEFT, 1ST HALF
Jan 9 11:19 PM
- Cal's Ivan Rabb bypasses draft to stay for sophomore season Apr 25
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Southern California extends coach Andy Enfield's contract Mar 28
- Cal's tumultuous week ended by No. 13 seed Hawaii 77-66 Mar 18
- Cal point guard Tyrone Wallace breaks hand in practice Mar 18
- Cal coach Cuonzo Martin declines to discuss school review Mar 17
- California tries to set aside distractions facing Hawaii Mar 17
- Cal to face familiar friend in Hawaii assistant Montgomery Mar 17
- NCAA wins scarce lately for Providence, Southern Cal Mar 16
- USC chosen for first NCAA Tournament since 2011 Mar 13
- No. 24 California enters Pac-12 tournament on a roll Mar 7
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5