Xavier rallies to beat George Washington 76-69Jan 10, 2010 - 7:47 PM WASHINGTON(AP) -- Jason Love had 13 rebounds and scored 12 of his 19 points in the second half as Xavier rallied from an 11-point halftime deficit for a 76-69 win over George Washington on Sunday.
Terrell Holloway hit 13 of 14 free throws, including eight straight in the final 2:07 for the Musketeers (10-5, 2-0 Atlantic 10 Conference).
Xavier trailed 41-30 at halftime and 60-50 with 7:38 remaining, but scored the next 11 points and took the lead for good on Jordan Crawford's baseline jumper with 4:44 left.
Holloway's driving basket put them up three, and after a George Washington free throw, he hit two free throws. Love added a putback to give the Musketeers a 67-61 lead in the only meeting between the two schools this season.
After shooting 59.3 from the field (16-for-27) in the first half, the Colonials (11-4, 1-1) went cold late, going nearly 9 minutes without a field goal.
- NCAA BB
GEO WASHINGTON 69 FINAL
Jan 10 2:16 PM
- NCAA BB
GEO WASHINGTON 41 HALFTIME
Jan 10 1:01 PM
- No NBA: Trevon Bluiett staying at Xavier for junior season May 23
- Xavier gives coach Chris Mack an additional year on contract Apr 14
- Badgers, Musketeers preparing for physical NCAA clash Mar 19
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- No. 5 Xavier looking to fix defense at Big East tournament Mar 7
- No. 5 Xavier in running for high NCAA tournament seed Feb 25
- Big East's top 2 teams set for high-stakes rematch at Xavier Feb 23
- Xavier's Sumner 'walking, talking' after hard fall at game Dec 31
- Cavanaugh scores 18; No. 21 GW beats St Peter's 87 Dec 19
- Xavier's Chris Mack gets 1-year extension Apr 1
- Arizona pulls away from Xavier to set up Elite Eight rematch Mar 27