Indiana State defeats Evansville, 69-55Jan 10, 2010 - 9:40 PM TERRE HAUTE, Ind.(AP) -- Harry Marshall scored 19 points Sunday to lead Indiana State to a 69-55 victory over Evansville.
Marshall scored 12 of his points in the first half as the Sycamores (11-5, 3-2 Missouri Valley) built a 29-19 lead at the break. Indiana State went on an 11-0 run in the half, and held the Aces to 8-for-28 shooting (29 percent) for the first 20 minutes.
Indiana State's biggest lead was 55-30 midway through the second half.
Aaron Carter had 13 points and Rashad Reed and Jordan Printy scored 12 points each for the Sycamores.
Colt Ryan scored 21 points and Denver Holmes had 10 for Evansville (6-9, 0-5), which finished the game at 34 percent from the field.
- NCAA BB
INDIANA ST 69 FINAL
Jan 10 3:33 PM
- NCAA BB
INDIANA ST 29 HALFTIME
Jan 10 2:26 PM
- Indiana State athletic director resigns after 11-year tenure Dec 19
- Evansville claims CIT title over Northern Arizona Apr 2
- Northern Arizona and Evansville clash for CIT crown Apr 2
- Northern Iowa handles Evansville Feb 25
- No. 11 Wichita State downs Indiana State Feb 25
- Sycamores play host to 11th-ranked Shockers Feb 25
- Purple Aces hope to play spoiler in clash with Panthers Feb 25
- Wichita State shuts down Evansville Feb 22
- Evansville comes calling on No. 13 Wichita State Feb 22
- Wichita State routs Indiana State Feb 11
- Sycamores test luck against 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 11
- Tuttle, Northern Iowa win 10th straight Feb 3