Northwestern rallies to beat Michigan 68-62Jan 10, 2010 - 9:47 PM By LARRY LAGE AP Sports Writer
ANN ARBOR, Mich.(AP) -- Drew Crawford scored 25 points and made go-ahead free throws with 1:14 left, lifting Northwestern to a 68-62 comeback win over Michigan on Sunday.
The Wildcats (12-3, 1-2 Big Ten) rallied from a 17-point, first-half deficit. They led by 10 midway through the second half.
Manny Harris scored 24 and DeShawn Sims had 17 points for the Wolverines (8-7, 2-2) who gave up the last seven points of the game.
The Wolverines went on a 20-5 run to take a 31-14 lead in the first half, then let Crawford score 11 straight points. The freshman scored 13 after halftime.
Michael Thompson had 15 points, Luka Mirkovic scored 13 and John Shurna added 11 for Northwestern, which is off to its best 15-game start since the 1945-46 season.
- NCAA BB
MICHIGAN 62 FINAL
Jan 10 4:28 PM
- NCAA BB
MICHIGAN 37 HALFTIME
Jan 10 3:20 PM
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- Michigan hires assistant hoops coaches Donlon and Washington May 4
- Michigan's Chatman receives release, plans to transfer May 3
- Michigan's Dawkins transferring to play for father at UCF Apr 6
- Michigan lifts transfer restrictions for Doyle, Albrecht Apr 1
- Doyle, Albrecht receive transfer releases from Michigan Mar 29
- Michigan-Notre Dame is still a great rivalry Mar 17
- Michigan's last-second shots set up First Four vs Tulsa Mar 16
- Tough finish for injured Michigan seniors LeVert, Albrecht Mar 2
- Michigan's Caris LeVert out for season because of ailing leg Mar 1
- Michigan's LeVert returns from leg injury against Purdue Feb 13
- LeVert sitting out again for Michigan against Maryland Jan 12