Oregon State surprises Oregon with 64-57 victoryJan 11, 2010 - 6:15 AM EUGENE, Ore.(AP) -- Seth Tarver and Daniel Deane scored 15 points each and Oregon State made its final game at Oregon's McArthur Court a memorable one with a 64-57 upset of the Ducks on Sunday night.
Roeland Schaftnaar added 11 points and Calvin Haynes fended off a pair of Oregon rallies with clutch 3-pointers in the second half for the Beavers (7-8, 1-2 Pac-10), who were coming off a 99-48 loss to Seattle - tied for the worst defeat in program history.
Tajuan Porter scored 20 points to lead the Ducks (10-5, 2-1), who had a six-game winning streak snapped and failed build on the momentum gained from their road sweep of Washington and Washington State last weekend.
The win snapped a 16-game losing streak at McArthur Court for the Beavers, who last won in Eugene on March 6, 1993. The Ducks will move out of their 83-year-old building and into a new facility next season.
- NCAA BB
OREGON ST 64
OREGON 57 FINAL
Jan 11 12:40 AM
- NCAA BB
OREGON ST 31
OREGON 24 HALFTIME
Jan 10 11:28 PM
- Altman on Coach K: 'I had no problem with what he did' Apr 1
- Coach K apologizes to Altman for postgame chat with Brooks Mar 26
- Altman backs Brooks after late-game drama with Coach K Mar 26
- Oklahoma's Kruger, Oregon's Altman test bond in Elite Eight Mar 25
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Beavers bummed about early exit, but excited for the future Mar 19
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Payton II following in father's NCAA footsteps at Oregon St Mar 17
- Oregon's rise on national stage highlighted by top seed Mar 15
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Oregon breaks into top 10, highest ranking since '07 Feb 29