Arizona State defeats Washington State, 71-46Jan 10, 2010 - 9:35 PM TEMPE, Ariz.(AP) -- Ty Abbott scored 17 points, grabbed 11 rebounds and added four assists and Arizona State held Washington State to its lowest point total of the season in beating the Cougars 71-46 Sunday in Pac-10 play.
The Sun Devils (12-5, 2-2) held Pac-10 leading scorer Klay Thompson to nine points, well under his average of 23.9 points a game. He also had eight rebounds. No Cougars finished in double figures.
Reggie Moore and Marcus Capers each added eight points for Washington State (12-4, 2-2), who had won six of its last seven games. The Cougars' previous scoring low this season was in their 65-60 win over Oregon State on Jan. 2.
Eric Boateng added 11 points and nine rebounds while Trent Lockett had 12 points for Arizona State, which swept the Washington schools at home for the first time since 2003.
- 3 Washington State players declare for NBA draft Apr 15
- Que Johnson decides to leave Washington St basketball team Apr 12
- Arizona State's Savon Goodman leaves the program Mar 24
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Arizona State's Spight leaves program, will transfer Feb 23
- Arizona State looking forward to challenge in Lexington Dec 10
- Washington cruises past Division II Golden Eagles 74-57 Nov 25
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Arizona State Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Hurley adds big boost of excitement at Arizona State Oct 28
- Washington State Cougars reject last place prediction Oct 28
- Washington St Preview Capsule Oct 28