Howard holds off Coppin State 59-53Jan 12, 2010 - 4:05 AM WASHINGTON, D.C.(AP) -- Dadrain Collins scored 18 points and Howard beat Coppin State 59-53 on Monday night.
Calvin Thompson added a double-double with 15 points and 12 rebounds, and Paul Kirkpatrick had 10 rebounds including seven on the offensive end.
The Bison (3-14, 2-1 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), which allowed its lowest point total of the season, had been giving up an average of 73.8 points per game.
Coppin State, playing its sixth of eight straight road games, lost its sixth game in a row. The Eagles are 1-8 away from home this season.
Howard led 32-20 at halftime and held its largest lead of eight points in the final seconds. The were five ties and 10 lead changes in the game.
Sam Coleman came off the bench to lead the Eagles (5-9, 1-2) with 14 points. Michael Harper added 13 points and Vince Goldsberry had 12.
- Mitchell out at Coppin State after 28 years Mar 28
- Gonzaga cruises past Coppin State Dec 1
- No. 11 Gonzaga plays host to Coppin State Dec 1
- Irvin helps Michigan cruise past Coppin State Nov 29
- Wolverines set sights on Eagles Nov 29
- No. 1 Indiana rolls over Coppin State Dec 2
- No. 1 Indiana plays host to Coppin State Dec 1
- No. 17 Kansas downs Howard Dec 30
- Kansas welcomes Howard to Lawrence Dec 29
- Indiana thumps Howard Dec 19
- Bison seek upset of undefeated Hoosiers Dec 19
- No. 24 Illinois races past Coppin State Dec 11