High Point sneaks past NC Central 58-55Jan 12, 2010 - 2:31 AM DURHAM, N.C.(AP) -- Eugene Harris scored 16 points and nailed a game-winning 3-pointer to lead High Point to a 58-55 win over North Carolina Central on Monday night.
Trailing by two points, Harris made a jumper with 2:26 remaining in the game to tie the score at 55. He then nailed a 3-pointer with 36 seconds left to give the Panthers a 58-55 lead.
Michael Glasker's 3-point attempt with 16 seconds left was off target, and he also missed a layup with 4 seconds left.
Harris, who was named the Big South player of the week, shot 5-for-14, nailing four 3s along the way for the Panthers (9-6). High Point has won five in a row.
C.J. Wilkerson scored 17 to lead the Eagles (2-15), who are on an eight-game losing streak.
High Point only shot 39 percent from the field (23-for-59), but outscored N.C. Central 16-5 on second-chance points.
- NCAA BB
HIGH POINT 58
NC CENTRAL 55 FINAL
Jan 11 8:59 PM
- NCAA BB
HIGH POINT 31
NC CENTRAL 26 HALFTIME
Jan 11 7:51 PM
- Ohio State crushes High Point Dec 11
- Strong first half lifts Maryland past NC Central Dec 10
- 19th-ranked Terps tangle with Eagles Dec 10
- 12th-ranked Buckeyes take aim at Panthers Dec 10
- Johnson powers UNC over NC Central Nov 15
- No. 6 North Carolina hosts NC Central Nov 14
- Iowa State cruises by NC Central Mar 22
- NC Central seeks upset of Iowa State Mar 21
- N.C. Central downs Morgan State in MEAC title game Mar 16
- Eagles and Bears clash in MEAC title tilt Mar 15
- Carter leads Wichita State past NC Central Dec 22
- NC Central hopes to shock No. 11 Wichita State Dec 22