Alabama St beats Ark-Pine Bluff 75-73 in OTJan 12, 2010 - 5:26 AM MONTGOMERY, Ala.(AP) -- Tramayne Moorer scored 19 points and Menji Mundadi had 18, including three points in the final 41 seconds, helping Alabama State hold off Arkansas-Pine Bluff 75-73 in overtime on Monday night.
With the score tied at 69-all, Chris Duncan nailed a 3 to put the Hornets up with just under 3 minutes to play in the extra frame. Tavaris Washington's layup pulled the Golden Lions within one, but Mundadi hit a jumper and a free throw to seal it.
Terrance Calvin hit two free throws for the Golden Lions with 14 seconds left, forcing OT.
Tramaine Butler added 15 points and 12 rebounds for the Hornets (5-10, 2-2 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who snapped a two-game losing skid.
Mundadi also hit three 3-pointers for the Hornets, who finished 10-for-21 from beyond the arc (47.6 percent).
Washington led the Golden Lions (2-12, 2-1) with 15 points.
- NCAA BB
ARK PINE BLUFF 73
ALABAMA ST 75 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jan 11 11:41 PM
- NCAA BB
ARK PINE BLUFF 30
ALABAMA ST 31 HALFTIME
Jan 11 9:58 PM
- No. 19 Michigan State cruises past Arkansas-Pine Bluff Dec 6
- Spartans seeks turnaround against Golden Lions Dec 6
- Iowa cruises past Arkansas-Pine Bluff Dec 22
- Golden Lions come calling on 25th-ranked Hawkeyes Dec 22
- No. 8 Oklahoma State crushes UAPB Nov 15
- Golden Lions pay visit to eighth-ranked Cowboys Nov 15
- No. 19 Michigan State rolls over Arkansas-Pine Bluff Dec 6
- Spartans hope to make quick work of Golden Lions Dec 5
- San Diego State dominates Arkansas-Pine Bluff Nov 22
- Lions face monumental task in clash with 25th-ranked Aztecs Nov 21
- Florida stomps Alabama State Nov 11
- Gators officially open season against visiting Hornets Nov 11