Louisiana Tech defeats Boise State, 79-64Jan 12, 2010 - 4:23 AM BOISE, Idaho(AP) -- Magnum Rolle scored 18 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead Louisiana Tech to a 79-64 victory over Boise State Monday night.
Louisiana Tech (16-2, 4-0 Western Athletic) registered its ninth straight win and fourth straight road victory.
Nursing a small lead for most of the second half, Louisiana Tech broke the game open with some sharp outside shooting. Jamel Guyton hit a pair of 3-pointers on consecutive possessions before Kyle Gibson added a 3-pointer to extend the Bulldogs' lead to 64-53 with 8:40 to go.
Kyle Gibson, who entered the night as the WAC's leading scorer, was held to four points in the first half before finishing with 17. DeAndre Brown scored 15 and Jamel Guyton 13 for Louisiana Tech.
Boise State (9-8, 0-4) was led by Robert Arnold with 18 points and Anthony Thomas with 15. Ike Okoye pulled down 14 rebounds for the Broncos.
- Boise State blows out Concordia (Ore.) 100-53 Nov 23
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- No. 25 Boise State drops Air Force to reach MWC SFs Mar 12
- Air Force takes on Boise State in MWC quarterfinals Mar 12
- Broncos down Aztecs in MWC battle Mar 1
- Broncos and Aztecs do battle in MWC fracas Feb 28
- Gillon powers No. 24 Colorado State past Boise State Dec 31
- Broncos and Rams square off in Mountain West opener Dec 31
- Kaminsky lifts No. 3 Wisconsin over Boise State Nov 23