Delaware State beats South Carolina State 67-58Jan 12, 2010 - 3:08 AM DOVER, Del.(AP) -- Chad Wilson scored 19 points and Delaware State rallied past South Carolina State 67-58 on Monday night.
Frisco Sandidge and Brandon Baylor each scored 11 points, and Jay Threatt had 10 for the Hornets (6-7, 1-1 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who won their second straight after a six-game losing streak.
The Hornets trailed by 11 points in the first half but went on a 22-6 run to take a 43-38 lead with 11:23 to play. Two free throws by Wilson with 1:10 remaining capped an 11-1 run that gave the Hornets a 66-52 lead.
The Hornets, who have the top defense in the conference, held the Bulldogs below their average of 59.8 points allowed. Delaware State forced 22 turnovers and got eight steals to win comfortably despite shooting 37.3 percent from the field (19 for 51).
Jason Flagler had 14 points and Darnell Porter added 10 for the Bulldogs (7-6, 1-0).
- NCAA BB
S CAROLINA ST 58
DELAWARE ST 67 FINAL
Jan 11 9:33 PM
- NCAA BB
S CAROLINA ST 30
DELAWARE ST 21 HALFTIME
Jan 11 8:31 PM
- Delaware State beats D-III Summit U 93-44 for 1st win Jan 4
- Hampton tops Delaware State for MEAC title Mar 14
- Hampton, Delaware State battle in MEAC championship Mar 14
- No. 9 Virginia cruises past SC State Nov 18
- SC State faces tall task in bout with No. 9 Virginia Nov 18
- Delaware State fires Greg Jackson Jan 31
- No. 7 Oklahoma State demolishes Delaware State Dec 17
- Hornets hit road hoping to sting seventh-ranked Cowboys Dec 17
- Dayton tops Delaware State Dec 4
- 25th-ranked Flyers set sights on Hornets Dec 4
- Hot shooting leads Michgian past South Carolina State Nov 12
- SC State pays visit to No. 7 Michigan Nov 12