Fresno State outlasts San Jose State, 80-70Jan 12, 2010 - 5:20 AM FRESNO, Calif.(AP) -- Paul George scored 29 points, including 10 straight in the second half, to carry Fresno State over San Jose State 80-70 on Monday night.
Sylvester Seay added 19 points for Fresno State (10-7, 3-0 Western Athletic) and Mike Ladd had 15.
Mac Peterson scored a career-high 21 points for San Jose State (8-7, 1-2), going 7-for-12 from behind the arc. The seven 3-pointers tied a school record. Chris Oakes added 12 points and 13 rebounds.
After an Adrian Oliver layup with 8:48 remaining brought the Spartans within 56-54, Greg Smith put back his own miss to begin a 14-6 Bulldogs run.
George then went to work, hitting a layup, a fall-away jumper and two 3-pointers in a span of 3:18. Seay capped the surge with a post move on Oakes to make it 70-60 with 4:03 left.
The Bulldogs limited Oliver to 12 points, eight below his season average.
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Correction: New Mexico-San Jose St story Jan 25
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18
- Cowboys visit Bulldogs in pivotal Mountain West clash Jan 17
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2
- Saints and Bulldogs square off in CBI title series Mar 31
- New Mexico cruises past Fresno State Mar 14
- Lobos meet Bulldogs in MWC action Mar 13
- No. 13 SDSU cruises past Fresno State Mar 2