Northeastern holds off Delaware rally to win 59-55Jan 14, 2010 - 3:20 AM BOSTON(AP) -- Nkem Ojougboh hit an 18-foot jumper with 59 seconds remaining and Matt Janning made a key steal in the final seconds as Northeastern held off Delaware 59-55 on Wednesday night.
Northeastern (10-7, 5-1 Colonial Athletic Association), which won its eighth straight game, held the lead until a 3-pointer by Jawan Carter tied the game with 1:14 remaining. Ojougboh, who finished with 15 points and seven rebounds, took a pass from Baptiste Bataille and connected from just above the foul line to put the Huskies ahead for good.
Delaware (5-12, 1-5), which dropped its fourth straight, had a chance to tie following a timeout with 20 seconds left. Janning intercepted a pass and was fouled with 3 seconds to go. He hit both free throws to finish with 15 points.
The Huskies were 0-for-10 from 3-point range.
Carter led Delaware in scoring for the fourth straight game with 19 points.
- NCAA BB
NORTHEASTERN 59 FINAL
Jan 13 8:58 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTHEASTERN 35 HALFTIME
Jan 13 7:58 PM
- Delaware fires men's basketball coach Monte Ross Mar 18
- Late free throw helps Delaware top Fairleigh Dickinson 73-72 Nov 24
- Irish survive upset bid in NCAA opener Mar 19
- Midwest Regional action pits Irish against Huskies Mar 19
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Villanova routs Delaware Nov 30
- Undefeated Wildcats entertain hapless Blue Hens Nov 30
- Delaware's Threatt kicked off team Jun 10
- Payne stars as Michigan State dumps Delaware in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Spartans begin tournament against Blue Hens Mar 20
- Delaware edges William & Mary for CAA title Mar 11