Stephen F. Austin wins 64-49 over Central ArkansasJan 14, 2010 - 3:10 AM NACOGDOCHES, Texas(AP) -- Jereal Scott scored 12 of his game-high 16 points in the first half as Stephen F. Austin defeated Central Arkansas 64-49 in Southland Conference play on Wednesday night.
Central Arkansas (6-10, 0-2) grabbed an early 7-5 lead before the Lumberjacks (11-4, 1-1) went on a 15-0 run to grab a 20-7 advantage. The Bears were held scoreless for seven minutes as the Lumberjacks took a 30-19 lead into halftime.
Denzel Barnes filled the stat sheet for the Lumberjacks as he scored 10 points, grabbed five rebounds, had four assists, and a game-high four steals.
Imad Qahwash led the Bears with 14 points, making 10 of 11 from the free-throw line. Carlos Dos Santos had 11 points.
The Lumberjacks were able to control the boards outrebounding the Bears 31-23, including 11 offensive boards.
The Lumberjacks are a perfect 5-0 in its three-year-old series against the Bears.
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Pressure! West Virginia, Stephen F Austin match frenetic D Mar 17
- Poeltl helps Utah down Stephen F. Austin Mar 20
- Utes face Lumberjacks in second round Mar 19
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- No. 21 Nebraska takes care of Central Arkansas Nov 19
- Bears hope to claw way past 21st-ranked Cornhuskers Nov 18
- UCLA tops Stephen F. Austin for Sweet 16 berth Mar 23
- Lumberjacks face tall task in clash with Bruins Mar 23
- Stephen F. Austin stuns VCU in overtime Mar 22
- Rams butt heads with Lumberjacks in tournament action Mar 21