Miller's 22 points lead Army over Holy Cross 67-64Jan 14, 2010 - 4:05 AM WORCESTER, Mass.(AP) -- Josh Miller scored a season-high 22 points and had five assists and Cleveland Richard blocked a last-second 3-point attempt as Army held off Holy Cross 67-64 on Wednesday night.
The Black Knights (11-5, 1-1 Patriot League) are off to their best start since the 1978-79 season.
Army led most of the game, but the Crusaders (3-14, 0-2) took a 62-59 lead on Davin Brown's layup with 5:41 left.
Miller scored the next four points to put Army ahead, 63-62, with 3:28 left, and Eric Zastoupil put them ahead to stay, 65-64, with 2:33 to go.
Julian Simmons scored 17 points for Army, while Richard scored 14 and blocked a last-second shot by Holy Cross' Andrew Beinert.
Andrew Keister scored 17 points and grabbed 18 rebounds for Holy Cross.
Army made eight 3-pointers to Holy Cross' five and committed just 10 turnovers to help overcome a 37-28 rebounding deficit.
- NCAA BB
HOLY CROSS 64 FINAL
Jan 13 8:52 PM
- NCAA BB
HOLY CROSS 32 HALFTIME
Jan 13 7:52 PM
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Unlikely qualifier Holy Cross plays Southern in First Four Mar 15
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19
- Holy Cross fires Brown after 5 seasons Mar 6
- Okafor, No. 4 Duke beat Army Nov 30
- No. 4 Duke plays host to Army Nov 30
- Holy Cross shocks Harvard Nov 16
- Beantown brawl pits Crimson against Crusaders Nov 16
- Holy Cross visits Brown to open CIT Mar 17
- Paige, No. 12 North Carolina hold off Holy Cross Nov 15
- 12th-ranked Tar Heels collide with Crusaders Nov 15
- Army extends contracts of Spiker, Magarity Aug 20