Eastern Michigan's 2nd-half run beats Toledo 74-59Jan 14, 2010 - 2:58 AM YPSILANTI, Mich.(AP) -- Brandon Bowdry had a double-double and Eastern Michigan used a 17-0 second-half run to defeat Toledo 74-59 on Wednesday night.
Bowdry had 18 points and a game-high 10 rebounds for the Eagles (9-6, 1-1 Mid-American). Justin Dobbins matched him with 18 points, Carlos Medlock added 12 and Antonio Green had 10.
Jake Barnett scored 19, Malcolm Griffin 17 and Josh Freelove 10 to pace the Rockets (3-13, 0-2), who lost their sixth in a row.
Bowdry's dunk at 16:19 of the first half gave him 1,000 points as an Eagle. He is the 27th player in school history to reach that mark.
The Eagles broke away from a 32-30 lead at intermission with the first seven points of the second half. Barnett sank a 3-pointer with 14:27 left that trimmed Toledo's deficit to 48-40, but that set the stage for Eastern Michigan's game-clinching run.
- Eastern Michigan cruises past NAIA Rochester (Mich) 86-58 Dec 8
- Detroit-area gambler sentenced in Toledo sports bribery Oct 1
- Okafor fuels Duke in win over Toledo Dec 30
- Duke gets back to work against Toledo Dec 29
- No. 25 Michigan State beats EMU Dec 18
- Spartans set sights on soaring Eagles Dec 17
- No. 15 VCU takes down Toledo Nov 18
- Rockets seek upset of 15th-ranked Rams Nov 18
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15
- Toledo G Drummond suspended Feb 10
- Syracuse cruises past Eastern Michigan Dec 31