Old Dominion 70, N.C.-Wilmington 52Jan 14, 2010 - 2:44 AM WILMINGTON, N.C. (AP) -- Frank Hassell scored 10 points and grabbed 15 rebounds to help Old Dominion defeat North Carolina-Wilmington 70-52 on Wednesday night.
The Monarchs (13-5, 5-1 Colonial Athletic Association), who led 34-30 at halftime, held the Seahawks to 29.6 shooting in the second half (8 of 27).
The Monarchs scored 21 points off of 17 turnovers for their fourth straight win and 11th in its past 12 games.
Gerald Lee, the Monarchs' top scorer at 14.6 points per game, finished with 16 against the Seahawks.
Ben Finney and Darius James added 10 points apiece for Old Dominion, which won the rebounding battle 45-35 and scored 38 points in the paint, compared to 16 by UNC-Wilmington.
Chad Tomko, averaging 13.9 points per game, scored nine for the Seahawks, who didn't have a player in double figures against Old Dominion.
- It's David vs. Goliath when UNC Wilmington meets Duke Mar 17
- Scoring spree: ODU guard Trey Freeman putting up big numbers Feb 17
- Western Kentucky knocks off No. 25 ODU Jan 10
- Western Kentucky hosts No. 25 Old Dominion Jan 10
- Newly ranked ODU rolls past Marshall Jan 8
- No. 25 Old Dominion takes aim at Marshall Jan 8
- Louisville holds off UNCW Dec 14
- Fourth-ranked Cardinals set sights on Seahawks Dec 14
- Old Dominion knocks off cold-shooting VCU Nov 30
- 14th-ranked Rams butt heads with Monarchs Nov 29
- UNC-Wilmington hires Louisville assistant Keatts Mar 27
- Peterson out as UNCW head coach Mar 11