Jackson leads Xavier over Charlotte 86-74Jan 14, 2010 - 3:03 AM By JOE KAY AP Sports Writer
CINCINNATI(AP) -- Dante Jackson had a season-high 14 points and six assists before fouling out with 8:53 to play on Wednesday night, leading Xavier to an 86-74 victory over Charlotte that kept the Musketeers perfect in Atlantic 10 play.
Xavier (11-5, 3-0) hasn't lost an A10 home game since the end of the 2005-06 season. The Musketeers stretched that streak to 25 in a row behind Jackson, a junior guard who lost his starting job earlier in the season. Jordan Crawford added 18 points.
An'Juan Wilderness scored 15 points and led Charlotte (11-5, 1-1), which has been one of the A10's early surprises, matching its win total from last season with a cast of newcomers. The 49ers also have a signature win, beating Louisville 87-65 at Freedom Hall on Dec. 5.
They never recovered after Xavier made 10 of its first 15 shots. The 49ers trailed by 21 midway through the second half.
- No NBA: Trevon Bluiett staying at Xavier for junior season May 23
- CIAA will stay in North Carolina despite state's LGBT law Apr 29
- Xavier gives coach Chris Mack an additional year on contract Apr 14
- Badgers, Musketeers preparing for physical NCAA clash Mar 19
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- No. 5 Xavier looking to fix defense at Big East tournament Mar 7
- No. 5 Xavier in running for high NCAA tournament seed Feb 25
- Big East's top 2 teams set for high-stakes rematch at Xavier Feb 23
- Xavier's Sumner 'walking, talking' after hard fall at game Dec 31
- Price experiencing growing pains in 1st year with Charlotte Dec 24
- Xavier's Chris Mack gets 1-year extension Apr 1