SE Louisiana defeats Northwestern State 70-64Jan 14, 2010 - 4:42 AM NATCHITOCHES, La.(AP) -- Damon Forest scored 18 points, 15 of them in the first half, to lead Southeastern Louisiana to a 70-64 victory over Northwestern State on Wednesday night.
Patrick Sullivan, who was limited to 16 minutes after getting into foul trouble, scored eight straight points that helped the Lions (10-5, 2-0 Southland Conference) pull away from a 52-49 lead.
Robert Tibbs and Rodney Jones each scored all 10 of their points in the second half for Southeastern Louisiana.
Mike McConathy hit one of two free throws for the Demons (5-10, 0-2) to close the gap to 65-61 with 55 seconds remaining before Jones answered with a free throw and Forest scored on a fast-break layup to put the Lions ahead 68-61.
Devon Baker scored 17 points and William Mosley had a career-high 21 rebounds for Northwestern State.
- NCAA BB
SE LOUISIANA 70
NORTHWESTERN ST 64 FINAL
Jan 13 10:11 PM
- NCAA BB
SE LOUISIANA 28
NORTHWESTERN ST 26 HALFTIME
Jan 13 8:52 PM
- No. 9 Gonzaga takes down SELA Dec 3
- Lions hope to take down ninth-ranked Bulldogs Dec 2
- Oklahoma dominates Northwestern State Nov 23
- Sooners return to action, hoping to exercise Demons Nov 23
- No. 19 Sooners rip through SE Louisiana Nov 16
- Sooners open season against visiting Lions Nov 16
- Baylor outlasts Northwestern State in OT Dec 19
- No. 12 Baylor battles Northwestern State Dec 18
- Memphis makes short work of Northwestern State Dec 7
- Demons seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 7
- Florida powers past Northwestern State Mar 23
- Gators, Demons square off in South Region's second round Mar 21