Hobson leads way as New Mexico tops Utah 74-57Jan 14, 2010 - 5:25 AM ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.(AP) -- Darington Hobson scored 14 points to lead five New Mexico players in double figures as the Lobos defeated Utah 74-57 Wednesday night.
Dairese Gary added 13 points and a game-high six assists for New Mexico (15-3, 1-2 Mountain West), which pulled away from Utah (8-8, 1-1) late in the second half with a 13-1 run to go up 68-51.
The Lobos, who ended a two-game losing streak, led for most of the game after a 9-0 run early in the first half. New Mexico closed the half with a 10-0 surge that gave it a 35-24 lead at the break.
Hobson added a game-high eight rebounds.
Marshall Henderson, the only Utah player in double figures, finished with 12 points.
- Utah center Jakob Poeltl declares for NBA draft Apr 13
- Gonzaga's Sabonis gets best of Utah's Poeltl Mar 20
- Air up there: Zags, Utah features rare meeting of big men Mar 18
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Seniors Taylor, Loveridge have No. 13 Utah rolling to finish Mar 3
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Athletic big man Jakob Poeltl shines in post for Utah Feb 16
- Utah coach Krystkowiak says time to put 'big boy pants' on Feb 9
- Correction: New Mexico-San Jose St story Jan 25
- Utah coach says 'toxic' atmosphere halted BYU series Jan 11
- Utah cancels basketball game against BYU next season Jan 6
- UNM investigating purchasing activity on staffer's card Dec 22