Quayle, Utah State stop Nevada 79-72 in overtimeJan 14, 2010 - 6:50 AM RENO, Nev.(AP) -- Jared Quayle scored 21 points as Utah State outlasted Nevada 79-72 in overtime Wednesday night.
Quayle and Tyler Newbold each hit 3-pointers in overtime to lead the Aggies (12-6, 2-2 Western Athletic). Pooh Williams added 16 points for Utah State.
Luke Babbitt scored 26 points as the Wolf Pack (10-7, 2-2) lost for the first time this season in nine home games. Ray Kraemer added 14.
Nevada led 65-55 with 7 minutes to go after Babbitt scored in the lane. Utah State outscored Nevada 14-4 the rest of the way to send the game into overtime tied 69-69.
The Wolf Pack scored the last five points of the first half to take a 35-33 lead at the break. Babbitt hit a 3-pointer with 25 seconds left in the half to tie it 33-33, and Armon Johnson scored on a layup off a steal with 4 seconds left.
- NCAA BB
UTAH ST 79
NEVADA 72 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jan 14 1:18 AM
- NCAA BB
UTAH ST 33
NEVADA 35 HALFTIME
Jan 13 11:54 PM
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Apr 15
- Nevada hires former Cal assistant Yann Hufnagel Apr 9
- Utah State's Jalen Moore to submit name for NBA draft Mar 25
- West leaves Nevada hoops; ex-star cites personal reasons Dec 15
- Utah State downs Union (Tenn.) 73-49 Nov 20
- Nevada picks Eric Musselman as men's coach Mar 25
- Utah State coach Stew Morrill to retire at season's end Jan 9
- San Diego State routs Utah State in MWC quarters Mar 13
- Aztecs and Aggies square off in MWC quarterfinals Mar 13
- Bairstow, No. 25 New Mexico down Nevada Mar 2
- Lobos meet Wolf Pack in MWC clash Mar 2