Robert Morris defeats Fairleigh Dickinson 80-73Jan 15, 2010 - 3:23 AM MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa.(AP) -- Karon Abraham scored all 20 of his points in the second half to help Robert Morris defeat Fairleigh Dickinson 80-73 on Thursday night.
Tied 31-31 at halftime, the Colonials (9-8, 4-1 Northeast Conference) scored 20 points in the paint and won the rebounding battle 17-10 in the second half. Robert Morris outscored the Knights 49-42 in the second half.
Rob Robinson had a steal, a layup and a jumper as Robert Morris scored four straight as part of a 8-3 run to open the second half. Robinson capped the spurt with a jumper with 16:54 left for a 40-35 advantage.
Robinson finished with 15 points, Velton Jones 12 and Russell Johnson 10 for the Colonials.
Robert Morris won its fourth in a row and 15th straight at home against Northeast Conference opponents.
Alvin Mofunanya scored 22 points for the Knights, who snapped a three-game winning streak.
- NCAA BB
FAIR DICKINSON 73
ROBERT MORRIS 80 FINAL
Jan 14 9:46 PM
- NCAA BB
FAIR DICKINSON 31
ROBERT MORRIS 31 HALFTIME
Jan 14 8:23 PM
- Fla. Gulf Coast, Fairleigh Dickinson face off in First Four Mar 15
- Coach Herenda has Fairleigh Dickinson back in NCAA Tourney Mar 12
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Fairleigh Dickinson 72-70 Feb 13
- Toole gets extension at Robert Morris Apr 15
- Duke crushes Robert Morris in NCAA opener Mar 21
- Colonials and Blue Devils mix it up in NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- Harrison, St. John's pull away from FDU Dec 11
- Red Storm set sights on Knights Dec 10