Charleston Southern defeats High Point 73-69Jan 15, 2010 - 4:19 AM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Kelvin Martin and Jeremy Sexton scored 20 points each to help Charleston Southern defeat High Point 73-69 on Thursday night.
The Buccaneers (9-8, 4-3 Big South Conference) trailed by as many as 14 in the first half, allowing the Panthers to shoot 60.7 percent from the field (17 of 28).
Charleston Southern pulled within 40-35 at halftime, and outscored High Point 38-29 in the second half.
The Panthers pulled ahead 45-39 on Nick Barbour's 3 early in the second half, but the Buccaneers used a 6-1 run to pull within one on Billy Blackmon's layup with 14:55 remaining.
With the game tied at 57-57, Jo'el Lamb's free throws gave Charleston Southern its first lead of the second half with 5:59 to go.
The Buccaneers then got six points from Sexton as part of a 13-1 run over a six-minute period.
Eugene Harris scored 19 points for the Panthers (9-7, 4-2).
- NCAA BB
HIGH POINT 69
CHARLESTON SOU 73 FINAL
Jan 14 9:40 PM
- NCAA BB
HIGH POINT 40
CHARLESTON SOU 35 HALFTIME
Jan 14 8:26 PM
- Colorado State cruises past Charleston Southern Dec 23
- Ohio State crushes High Point Dec 11
- 12th-ranked Buckeyes take aim at Panthers Dec 10
- Huge second-half run lifts No. 2 Orange past High Point Dec 20
- High Point faces uphill climb in clash with No. 2 Syracuse Dec 20
- Baylor holds off Charleston Southern Nov 21
- Plenty of points expected in bout between Bucs and Bears Nov 20
- Bairstow leads Lobos over Buccaneers Nov 17
- Bucs and Lobos mix it up at The Pit Nov 17
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10
- Buccaneers and Flames battle for Big South crown Mar 10
- No. 12 Arizona tops Charleston Southern Nov 11