Tennessee Tech defeats Tennessee-Martin 76-63Jan 15, 2010 - 5:06 AM MARTIN, Tenn.(AP) -- Kevin Murphy scored 18 points and led five players in double figures as Tennessee Tech defeated Tennessee-Martin 76-63 on Thursday night.
The Golden Eagles (8-9, 2-4 Ohio Valley Conference) scored 15 straight points to break an early 9-9 tie and never looked back. Terrell Barnes put Tennessee Tech ahead 24-9 on a three-point play with 6:36 left in the first half.
Frank Davis scored 15 points, Alfred Jones added 14, Barnes finished with 11 and Elijah Muhammad added 10 for the Golden Eagles.
Tennessee Tech, making 47.7 percent from 3-point range heading in, shot 42.9 percent from long range (6 of 14) against Tennessee-Martin.
The Golden Eagles also shot 48.1 percent from the field (25 of 52) in its fourth-straight win against the Skyhawks.
Marquis Weddle scored 17 points, Reuben Clayton added 13 and Zach Jones chipped in 10 for Tennessee-Martin.
- Tennessee Tech overtakes Robert Morris in 85-72 win Nov 27
- Tennessee Tech rips Piedmont College, 110-72 Nov 14
- Bulldogs seek to ground Skyhawks Dec 22
- Tennesse-Martin tabs Schroyer as new hoops coach Mar 21
- Tennesse-Martin hoops coach James won't return Mar 3
- Tennessee Tech no match for No. 24 Oklahoma State Dec 22
- Pokes put perfect home mark on line against Golden Eagles Dec 22
- Wright, Cincinnati down UT-Martin Nov 11
- Bearcats battle Skyhawks to begin 2012-13 campaign Nov 11
- Murray State routs Tennessee Tech in OVC semifinals Mar 2
- Golden Eagles hope to knock Racers out of OVC Tournament Mar 2
- Racers close out regular season with win over Tennessee Tech Feb 26