California defeats Washington State 93-88Jan 15, 2010 - 5:20 AM By NICHOLAS K. GERANIOS Associated Press Writer
PULLMAN, Wash.(AP) -- Jerome Randle scored a career-high 39 points as California beat Washington State 93-88 on Thursday to retain first place in the Pac-10.
California (11-5, 3-1 Pac-10) jumped out to big leads at the beginning of each half, and then held off Washington State rallies to win for the fifth time in six games.
Washington State (12-5, 2-3) fell behind by 20 points in the first eight minutes, but came back to trail by only four at halftime. Hot shooting by Cal, including 11 of 20 3-pointers, kept the Cougars from taking the lead.
- NCAA BB
WASHINGTON ST 88 FINAL
Jan 15 12:06 AM
- NCAA BB
WASHINGTON ST 37 HALFTIME
Jan 14 10:47 PM
- Cal's Ivan Rabb bypasses draft to stay for sophomore season Apr 25
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- 3 Washington State players declare for NBA draft Apr 15
- Que Johnson decides to leave Washington St basketball team Apr 12
- Cal's tumultuous week ended by No. 13 seed Hawaii 77-66 Mar 18
- Cal point guard Tyrone Wallace breaks hand in practice Mar 18
- Cal coach Cuonzo Martin declines to discuss school review Mar 17
- California tries to set aside distractions facing Hawaii Mar 17
- Cal to face familiar friend in Hawaii assistant Montgomery Mar 17
- No. 24 California enters Pac-12 tournament on a roll Mar 7
- After undefeated February, Cal seeks Pac-12 title in March Mar 1
- California looks to solve road woes on trip to Washington Feb 16