Cal State Northridge defeats UC Riverside 64-50Jan 15, 2010 - 5:52 AM LOS ANGELES(AP) -- Kenny Daniels scored 17 points as Cal State Northridge defeated UC Riverside 64-50 Thursday night.
Lenny Daniel added 10 points and eight rebounds for the Matadors (6-10, 1-3 Big West), who outscored the Highlanders 14-0 over the final 5:14.
Kyle Austin led Riverside (7-9, 1-3) with 18 points while Sean Cunningham had 11.
Bryson Hampton hit two free throws with 15:39 remaining to give the Highlanders a 42-36 lead, their largest of the game. Riverside then went scoreless over the next 7:51, and Northridge went up 45-42.
The score was tied 50-all with 5:14 to play when Northridge's defense took over and didn't allow Riverside to score again.
- NCAA BB
UC RIVERSIDE 50
CS NORTHRIDGE 64 FINAL
Jan 15 12:06 AM
- NCAA BB
UC RIVERSIDE 35
CS NORTHRIDGE 32 HALFTIME
Jan 14 10:56 PM
- Blackshear scores 31 as Louisville routs CS-Northridge Dec 24
- Matadors hit road to challenge fourth-ranked Cardinals Dec 23
- Highlanders and Aztecs mix it up in non-conference action Dec 22
- No. 25 Utah hammers UC Riverside Nov 21
- Utes seek turnaround against visiting Highlanders Nov 21
- Johnson, Arizona cruise past CS Northridge Nov 17
- Matadors seek upset of second-ranked Wildcats Nov 16
- Matadors visit 16th-ranked Aztecs to tip off season Nov 14
- Cal Poly clinches Big West, first NCAA berth Mar 16
- Big West championship game pits Mustangs against Matadors Mar 15
- Theus takes over at Cal State Northridge Apr 3
- Braswell out as CSUN head basketball coach Mar 20