Kuksiks, defense lead Arizona St. by Oregon 76-57Jan 15, 2010 - 4:14 AM EUGENE, Ore.(AP) -- Rihards Kuksiks scored 25 points, and Arizona State buried Oregon with eight 3-pointers in the first half to win 76-57 on Thursday night.
Ty Abbott scored 16 points - all in the first half - and Derek Glasser added 12 for the Sun Devils (13-5, 3-2 Pac-10). Kuksiks and Abbott had four 3-pointers each, and Arizona State made 10 of 20 shots from beyond the arc.
LeKendric Longmire scored 11 points to lead the Ducks (10-6, 2-2), who became the latest victim of a smothering Sun Devils defense that came into the game with a nation-leading 54.4 points-allowed average.
Though Oregon surpassed that total, it shot just 37 percent (22 of 59) from the floor and 29 percent (4 of 14) from 3-point range. The Ducks finished 20 points under their season average.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
ARIZONA STATE 46 30 76
OREGON 27 30 57 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: ARIZONA STATE - RIHARDS KUKSIKS 25, TY ABBOTT 16, DEREK
OREGON - LEKENDRIC LONGMIRE 11, MICHAEL DUNIGAN
7, THREE PLAYERS WITH 6
Jan 14 10:42 PM
- NCAA BB
ARIZONA ST 46
OREGON 27 HALFTIME
Jan 14 9:27 PM
- Altman on Coach K: 'I had no problem with what he did' Apr 1
- Coach K apologizes to Altman for postgame chat with Brooks Mar 26
- Altman backs Brooks after late-game drama with Coach K Mar 26
- Oklahoma's Kruger, Oregon's Altman test bond in Elite Eight Mar 25
- Arizona State's Savon Goodman leaves the program Mar 24
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Oregon's rise on national stage highlighted by top seed Mar 15
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Oregon breaks into top 10, highest ranking since '07 Feb 29
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27