Washington gets biggest win vs. Stanford, 94-61Jan 15, 2010 - 5:57 AM By GREGG BELL AP Sports Writer
SEATTLE(AP) -- Quincy Pondexter scored 27 points as Washington rediscovered its winning ways in the Pac-10 with its largest victory ever over Stanford, 94-61 on Thursday night.
Pondexter scored 14 points in the first 6 1/2 minutes of the second half for the Huskies (11-5, 2-3 Pac-10).
The lead reached 41 points for Washington, which had lost consecutive Pac-10 games by double-digit margins to Oregon, Arizona State and Arizona, and came in looking nothing like the defending conference champion.
Landry Fields scored 17 points for Stanford (8-8, 2-2), which had won two straight.
Jeremy Green was 3 for 10 from the field and had just seven points after scoring a career-high 30 Saturday against UCLA, as his Cardinal looked more like the team picked to finish last in the conference.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
STANFORD 22 39 61
WASHINGTON 41 53 94 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: STANFORD - LANDRY FIELDS 17, JACK TROTTER 12,
JARRETT MANN 8
WASHINGTON - QUINCY PONDEXTER 27, ISAIAH THOMAS 15,
SCOTT SUGGS 12
Jan 15 12:43 AM
- NCAA BB
WASHINGTON 41 HALFTIME
Jan 14 11:34 PM
- Stanford's Rosco Allen declares for NBA draft Apr 1
- Stanford coach Jerod Haase once thought he'd play for school Mar 28
- Stanford hires Jerod Haase as new men's basketball coach Mar 25
- Washington's Murray, Chriss declare for NBA draft Mar 23
- Stanford fires coach Johnny Dawkins after 8 seasons Mar 14
- Why Washington? ACC flexes muscles in big basketball market Mar 8
- Stanford suspends point guard Christian Sanders Mar 3
- Syracuse basketball rallies for ailing Dwayne Washington Mar 1
- Romar reprimanded by Pac-12 for comments after Huskies loss Feb 26
- Pac-12 says end of Washington-Oregon State handled properly Feb 25
- Stanford F Reid Travis to miss remainder of season Feb 23
- Dubious record: Washington may see most players foul out Feb 9