Quinnipiac beats Cent. Connecticut State 76-45Jan 15, 2010 - 3:47 AM NEW BRITAIN, Conn.(AP) -- Jeremy Baker and Deontay Twyman scored 14 points apiece, leading four Quinnipiac players in double figures in a 76-45 trouncing of Central Connecticut State on Thursday night.
James Feldeine added 12 points and James Johnson had 10 for the Bobcats (10-6, 4-1 Northeast Conference), who have won four in a row and six of their last seven.
The Bobcats opened the game on an 11-0 run, led by 14 at the break and used a 25-9 run out of halftime to seal the rout.
Shemik Thompson scored 12 points and Joe Seymore added 10 to lead the Blue Devils (4-12, 1-4), who have lost six straight games. Central Connecticut State was without leading scorer Robby Ptacek (13.4 points per game) due to an injury.
The Bobcats shot 52.6 percent from the floor (30-for-57) in the game, compared to just a 29.2 mark (14-for-48) for the Blue Devils.
- Former UConn star Marshall to coach Central Connecticut Apr 6
- Dickenman retires after 20 years at Central Connecticut Feb 19
- CCSU holds off late charge by Robert Morris to win, 75-70 Feb 4
- Robert Morris uses late first-half run, beats CCSU 59-45 Jan 21
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- Iona-Quinnipiac hoops game postponed Jan 2
- Ross leads No. 5 Buckeyes over CCSU Dec 7
- Blue Devils face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Buckeyes Dec 7
- Boeheim matches Knight as Syracuse rolls Dec 31
- Boeheim in search of yet another milestone Dec 31
- No. 1 Indiana pounds Central Connecticut State Dec 9
- No. 1 Indiana continues to gear up for Big Ten play Dec 8