Western Carolina sinks UNC-Greensboro 79-69Jan 15, 2010 - 3:06 AM CULLOWHEE, N.C.(AP) -- Jake Robinson scored 19 points, leading four Western Carolina players in double figures, as the Catamounts beat North Carolina-Greensboro 79-69 on Thursday night.
Kendall Russell and Brigham Waginger added 14 points apiece for the Catamounts (13-3, 3-1 Southern Conference), and Brandon Giles had 11.
The Spartans led 21-18 with just under 10 minutes to play in the first half, but the Catamounts went on a 17-10 run to take a four point halftime lead and never trailed again. Western Carolina outscored UNC-Greensboro 44-38 in the second half.
Ben Stywall tallied his conference-leading seventh double-double this season for the Spartans (3-14, 2-4), scoring 24 points and grabbing 14 rebounds. Brandon Evans added 17 points and Kyle Randall had 14 for the Spartans, who have lost 10 of their last 11.
Western Carolina scored 20 points off 22 UNC-Greensboro turnovers.
- NCAA BB
UNC GREENSBORO 69
WESTRN CAROLINA 79 FINAL
Jan 14 9:05 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC GREENSBORO 31
WESTRN CAROLINA 35 HALFTIME
Jan 14 7:48 PM
- No. 24 North Carolina drops UNC Greensboro Dec 16
- Tar Heels make short trip to tangle with Spartans Dec 16
- Western Carolina extends Hunter's contract Jun 6
- Wofford holds off Western Carolina for SoCon crown Mar 11
- Catamounts and Terriers meet for SoCon crown Mar 10
- Young leads Oregon past Western Carolina Nov 14
- Whittington, Georgetown down Western Carolina Dec 15
- Catamounts seek upset of 15th-ranked Hoyas Dec 15
- Richardson leads No. 13 Illinois past Western Carolina Dec 5
- No. 13 Illinois plays host to Western Carolina Dec 4
- Davidson takes home Southern Conference title Mar 6
- SoCon title tilt pits Catamounts against Wildcats Mar 5