Stetson holds off East Tennessee State 54-52Jan 15, 2010 - 3:37 AM JOHNSON CITY, Tenn.(AP) -- Mark Lohuis and Brandon Williams each scored 12 points to help Stetson hold off East Tennessee State 54-52 on Thursday night.
A.J. Smith and Ridge Graham scored 10 points apiece for the Hatters (4-11, 2-5 Atlantic Sun Conference). Smith also had four assists with seven turnovers.
A layup by East Tennessee State's Tommy Hubbard tied the game at 46 with 5:03 left in the second half. But Liam McInerney, who finished with four points and seven rebounds, hit a jumper with 3:46 left to play put Stetson up by two points and for good.
Micah Williams scored 13 points for the Buccaneers (8-9, 4-2), while Justin Tubbs scored 12.
The Hatters used their 3-point shooting against East Tennessee State, shooting 40 percent (10-for-25) from beyond the arc. The Buccaneers shot 14.3 percent from the 3-point line.
- NCAA BB
EAST TENN ST 52 FINAL
Jan 14 9:05 PM
- NCAA BB
EAST TENN ST 27 HALFTIME
Jan 14 7:54 PM
- Stetson makes intriguing run to A-Sun final against FGCU Mar 5
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- East Tennessee State tabs Forbes as new men's basketball coach Mar 31
- Irish beat up Stetson Nov 10
- No. 21 Notre Dame plays host to Stetson Nov 10
- Alexander leaves Stetson to take Lipscomb job May 18
- No. 4 Arizona blasts East Tennessee State Dec 23
- Bucs seek upset of fourth-ranked Wildcats Dec 22
- North Carolina crushes East Tennessee State Dec 9
- No. 20 Tar Heels take on Buccaneers Dec 8
- Donovan gets 400th career win as Florida routs Stetson Nov 28
- Donovan eyes milestone, as Gators battle Hatters Nov 28