Eastern Kentucky beats Eastern Illinois 67-59Jan 15, 2010 - 3:10 AM RICHMOND, Ky.(AP) -- Papa Oppong scored 18 points and Eastern Kentucky beat Eastern Illinois 67-59 on Thursday night, extending the Colonels' home winning streak to 17 games.
Josh Taylor had 12 points and Dayvon Ellis added 11 for Eastern Kentucky (12-6, 5-2 Ohio Valley Conference), which has the ninth longest winning streak in the nation.
The Colonels also tied the school's longest home court winning streak in McBrayer Arena, which had been accomplished on two other occasions - 1987-88 and 1990-91.
The Panthers (10-7, 4-3), who had their three-game winning streak snapped, were led by Tyler Laser's 21 points.
Eastern Kentucky trailed only twice, pushing its lead to 18 points on Ellis' 3-pointer with 1:36 left in the first half.
The Colonels shot 56.3 percent from the floor (27-for-48) for the game. The Panthers shot 41.5 percent from field (22-for-53).
- NCAA BB
EASTRN ILLINOIS 59
EASTRN KENTUCKY 67 FINAL
Jan 14 9:30 PM
- NCAA BB
EASTRN ILLINOIS 24
EASTRN KENTUCKY 37 HALFTIME
Jan 14 8:33 PM
- No. 18 Miami falls at home to Eastern Kentucky Dec 19
- Colonels seek upset of 18th-ranked Hurricanes Dec 19
- Towns, Kentucky rout EKU Dec 8
- Top-ranked Wildcats play host to Colonels Dec 7
- Groselle, Creighton down Eastern Illinois Nov 26
- Panthers visit Bluejays in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 25
- Eastern Kentucky extends Neubauer's contract May 5
- Kansas advances with win over EKU Mar 21
- Colonels face tall task in showdown with Jayhawks Mar 21
- Eastern Kentucky tops Belmont in OVC title game Mar 9
- Bruins battle Colonels for OVC crown Mar 8
- Wisconsin (12-0) off to best start in school history Dec 14