Louisiana Tech defeats Fresno State 81-73Jan 15, 2010 - 5:22 AM RUSTON, La.(AP) -- Kyle Gibson scored a career-high 32 points and Louisiana Tech defeated Fresno State 81-73 on Thursday night for its 10th straight win.
Gibson was 9-for-15 of the field, including 7-for-12 from 3-point range, and 7-for-7 from the line for Louisiana Tech (17-2, 5-0 Western Athletic Conference).
Fresno State (10-8, 3-1) snapped a four-game winning streak in the battle of the Bulldogs.
Trailing 13-12, Louisiana Tech pulled away with an 11-2 run and led 33-26 at halftime. Louisiana Tech opened the second half on a 20-7 spurt to lead 53-33 with 14:51 left.
Fresno State drew within 67-58 with 4:53 remaining, then trailed 74-68 with 3 minutes left, but could get no closer.
Jamel Guyton had 17 points and Magnum Rolle added 16 for Louisiana Tech, which outrebounded Fresno State 39-31.
Sylvester Seay scored 19 points for Fresno State while Paul George added 18.
- NCAA BB
FRESNO ST 73
LOUISIANA TECH 81 FINAL
Jan 14 11:12 PM
- NCAA BB
FRESNO ST 26
LOUISIANA TECH 33 HALFTIME
Jan 14 9:52 PM
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18
- Cowboys visit Bulldogs in pivotal Mountain West clash Jan 17
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2
- Saints and Bulldogs square off in CBI title series Mar 31
- Tulsa edges Louisiana Tech to win C-USA title Mar 15
- Tulsa takes on Louisiana Tech for C-USA Tournament title Mar 15
- New Mexico cruises past Fresno State Mar 14
- Lobos meet Bulldogs in MWC action Mar 13