Campbell beats Florida Gulf Coast 61-45Jan 15, 2010 - 4:03 AM BUIES CREEK, N.C.(AP) -- Jonathan Rodriguez scored 19 points and grabbed 10 rebounds as Campbell moved into first place in the Atlantic Sun Conference with a 61-45 victory over Florida Gulf Coast on Thursday night.
Rodriguez set the school's career rebounding record (961 in 106 games) and recorded his ninth double-double of the year for the Camels (10-5, 5-1) won their second straight game and fourth in the last five. Lorne Merthie added 11 points for Campbell.
Campbell allowed the lowest point total by an opponent in coach Robbie Laing's seven seasons at Campbell, and Florida Gulf Coast's offensive output was the smallest point total surrendered by the Camels since Division II Wingate scored just 41 on Dec. 30, 1997.
Reed Baker and Hunter Miller led the Eagles (5-11, 2-5) with eight points apiece.
The Camels scored 20 points off of 23 Florida Gulf Coast turnovers.
- NCAA BB
FLA GULF COAST 45
CAMPBELL 61 FINAL
Jan 14 9:59 PM
- NCAA BB
FLA GULF COAST 22
CAMPBELL 38 HALFTIME
Jan 14 8:52 PM
- FGCU hoops coach Dooley gets 2-year extension through 2020 May 7
- Tar Heels aim to stay on defensive vs. Eagles in NCAAs Mar 16
- Russell powers Ohio State over Campbell Nov 27
- Camels hope to get over hump in clash with Buckeyes Nov 26
- Mercer takes out Florida Gulf Coast for Atlantic Sun crown Mar 9
- Eagles and Bears meet in A-Sun title game Mar 9
- Dooley tabbed as FGCU men's basketball coach Apr 17
- Campbell tabs McGeehan as head coach Apr 11
- Cinderella's run ends; Gators oust FGCU Mar 30
- Surprising Eagles set sights on Gators in Sweet 16 Mar 28
- FGCU moves into Sweet 16 by stunning Aztecs Mar 25
- Upstart Eagles take on Aztecs in South Regional dust-up Mar 23