North Texas holds off Troy 75-72Jan 15, 2010 - 4:20 AM TROY, Ala.(AP) -- Tristan Thompson scored 21 points, including sinking five free throws in the game's final minute, to lead North Texas past Troy 75-72 on Thursday night.
Josh White added 18 points and Jacob Holmen had 12 for the Mean Green (11-6, 4-3 Sun Belt Conference), who have won five of their last seven games. Eric Tramiel finished with 11 points in his first action since four-game absence due to an injured wrist.
With Thompson leading the way, North Texas hit 8 of 10 free throws in the final 54 seconds of the game to clinch the win. Troy's Brandon Hazzard tried for a game-tying, 24-foot 3-pointer with two defenders in his face, but it clanked out at the buzzer.
Yamene Coleman led the Trojans (9-8, 4-2) with 14 points.
The Mean Green, who are 10-0 this year when leading at halftime, outscored Troy in bench points 34-13 in the game.
- NCAA BB
NORTH TEXAS 75
TROY 72 FINAL
Jan 14 9:52 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTH TEXAS 26
TROY 32 HALFTIME
Jan 14 8:55 PM
- Qualls leads Arkansas over North Texas Nov 29
- Razorbacks hope to continue fast start against Mean Green Nov 28
- Troy names Cunningham new men's basketball coach Mar 26
- McDermott leads Bluejays past North Texas Nov 10
- North Texas pays visit to No. 16 Creighton Nov 9
- Benford named North Texas head coach Apr 25
- WKU wins Sun Belt bid, goes dancing at 15-18 Mar 7
- Hilltoppers and Mean Green collide in Sun Belt title game Mar 6
- No. 17 Mississippi State routs Troy Dec 10
- Trojans hit road seeking upset of 17th-ranked Bulldogs Dec 10
- Moultrie, No. 24 MSU easily beat North Texas Nov 27
- 24th-ranked Bulldogs set sights on Mean Green Nov 27