Late free throws lift Green Bay to 68-66 victoryJan 15, 2010 - 4:40 AM GREEN BAY, Wis.(AP) -- Randy Berry hit two free throws with 0.9 seconds left Thursday as Wisconsin-Green Bay beat Wright State 68-66.
Berry, who had been averaging 7 points per game, finished with 17 points and 10 rebounds for the Phoenix (12-6, 5-2 Horizon). He made every shot he took, going 4 for 4 from the field and 9 for 9 from the free-throw line.
Berry went to the line in the final second when he was fouled after rebounding a missed shot by teammate Rahmon Fletcher.
Fletcher had 18 points for Green Bay, which has won 15 straight Horizon League home games dating back to the 2007-08 season. Fletcher banked in a 26-foot shot at the halftime buzzer to bring Green Bay within 35-31, then the Phoenix scored the first 13 points of the second half to go on top 44-35.
Vaughn Duggins had 20 points for Wright State (11-7, 4-3). Cory Cooperwood added 12 and Todd Brown had 11.
- NCAA BB
WRIGHT ST 66
WISC GREEN BAY 68 FINAL
Jan 14 10:11 PM
- NCAA BB
WRIGHT ST 35
WISC GREEN BAY 31 HALFTIME
Jan 14 8:52 PM
- Wright State hires South Dakota State basketball coach Apr 4
- Wright State fires coach Billy Donlon after 6 seasons Mar 19
- Texas A&M aims for respect in first NCAA tourney since 2011 Mar 17
- Green Bay announcer says game ejection was misunderstanding Mar 9
- Green Bay pulls away from Morehead State in 2nd half, 78-72 Dec 28
- Valpo comes back to beat Green Bay in Horizon final Mar 10
- Crusaders clash with Phoenix for Horizon League crown Mar 10
- Ohio State throttles Wright State Dec 28
- Raiders come calling on 21st-ranked Buckeyes Dec 27
- Green Bay upsets No. 15 Miami-Florida Dec 6
- Phoenix hope to rise above 15th-ranked Hurricanes Dec 6
- No. 3 Wisconsin cruises past Green Bay Nov 20