Michigan bounces back with 69-45 win vs. IndianaJan 15, 2010 - 4:29 AM By LARRY LAGE AP Sports Writer
ANN ARBOR, Mich.(AP) -- Manny Harris scored 17 of his 21 points in the second half and DeShawn Sims had 20 points and eight rebounds, leading Michigan to a 69-45 win over Indiana on Thursday night.
The Wolverines (9-7, 3-2 Big Ten) needed the victory after blowing a 17-point lead in their previous game against Northwestern and before hosting No. 15 Connecticut on Sunday.
Christian Watford scored 16 for the Hoosiers (7-9, 1-3) but didn't get much help. No other Indiana player scored more than seven points.
Indiana's young team was competitive for most of the game and was within 48-43 with 5:54 remaining before Michigan finished the game on a 21-2 run.
Harris had 17 of the Wolverines' 23 points during one dominant stretch in the second half.
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- Michigan hires assistant hoops coaches Donlon and Washington May 4
- Michigan's Chatman receives release, plans to transfer May 3
- Blackmon Jr. declares for NBA draft without hiring agent Apr 25
- Indiana forward Troy Williams enters NBA draft, could return Apr 12
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- Michigan's Dawkins transferring to play for father at UCF Apr 6
- Former Indiana Hoosiers star Archie Dees dies at age 80 Apr 4
- Michigan lifts transfer restrictions for Doyle, Albrecht Apr 1
- Doyle, Albrecht receive transfer releases from Michigan Mar 29
- Sweet 16 loss to North Carolina ends Yogi years at Indiana Mar 26
- Heels vs. Hoosiers in Sweet 16: These teams shoot and score Mar 24