Providence tops DePaul 79-62; Webster debut ruinedJan 15, 2010 - 4:20 AM ROSEMONT, Ill.(AP) -- Marshon Brooks scored 17 points and Jamine Peterson added 16 as Providence defeated DePaul 79-62 on Thursday night, ruining Tracy Webster's coaching debut.
Providence (11-6, 3-2 Big East) has won six of its last seven games against the Blue Demons (7-9, 0-4), who have lost 23 consecutive regular-season conference games.
Mike Stovall scored 30 points for DePaul, which fired Jerry Wainwright on Monday and promoted Webster to interim coach.
- Cooley hopes to be at Providence 'for life' with extension Mar 30
- Providence's Bentil declares for NBA draft, won't hire agent Mar 23
- Friars relying on Dunn-Bentil duo vs. top-seeded Tar Heels Mar 18
- NCAA wins scarce lately for Providence, Southern Cal Mar 16
- Providence adjusting from latest bite from injury bug Feb 4
- Providence's Bentil listed as day-to-day after ankle injury Feb 4
- Podkowa helps No. 18 DePaul women top No. 15 Texas A&M 80-66 Dec 12
- Providence wins 60-59 after Illinois misses flurry of shots Nov 18
- Dunn staying at Providence Apr 24
- Leitao back as DePaul coach Mar 29
- Pierre leads Dayton past Providence Mar 21
- Dayton and Providence meet in second round of NCAA Tourney Mar 20