North Dakota 67, Utah Valley St. 62Jan 15, 2010 - 4:59 AM OREM, Utah (AP) -- Travis Bledsoe scored a career-high 28 points as North Dakota defeated Utah Valley 67-62 Thursday night in its Great West Conference opener.
The Fighting Sioux (3-14) used a 7-0 run midway through the second half to take the lead for good, then held on in the final minute.
Jourdain Scoubes led the Wolverines (7-9, 1-1) with 12 points while Corey Claitt added 11.
North Dakota trailed 48-47 with 8:59 play but scored the next seven points. Utah Valley pulled to within 60-57 on Claitt's jumper with 34 seconds remaining, but the Sioux responded with a 5-0 run, all on free throws by Bledsoe, to secure the victory.
Bledsoe scored 17 of his points in the in the first half on 7-of-9 shooting, helping the Sioux shoot 66.7 percent (14 of 21). Utah Valley, however, led 35-33 at halftime thanks in part to six 3-pointers.
- NCAA BB
NORTH DAKOTA 67
UTAH VALLEY ST 62 FINAL
Jan 14 10:59 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTH DAKOTA 33
UTAH VALLEY ST 35 HALFTIME
Jan 14 9:55 PM
- North Dakota sells Fighting Sioux items to satisfy NCAA Feb 18
- North Dakota beats NAIA's Valley City State 80-59 Dec 17
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- No. 3 Arizona makes short work of Utah Valley Dec 10
- Wolverines hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 9
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- Brawl ends Utah Valley-New Mexico State game Feb 28
- North Dakota comes calling on No. 14 Oregon Nov 30
- Oregon routs Utah Valley Nov 20
- Utah Valley challenges No. 17 Oregon Nov 19
- North Dakota tangles with No. 12 Wisconsin Nov 19