San Jose State sneaks past Boise State 76-74Jan 15, 2010 - 5:33 AM SAN JOSE, Calif.(AP) -- Adrian Oliver scored a season-high 33 points, lifting San Jose State to a 76-74 victory over Boise State on Thursday night.
The Spartans (9-7, 2-2 WAC) snapped a 14-game losing streak in their series with Boise State. They beat the Broncos for just the second time in 21 tries and beat Boise State coach Greg Graham, a former San Jose State assistant, for the first time after 14 losses.
Making his first career start, Daequon Montreal led the Broncos (9-9, 0-5) with 19 points, while La'Shard Anderson had 15 and Ike Okoye 14.
Justin Graham scored 14 for the Spartans, and Robert Owens added 10 in his first start of the season.
San Jose State's only other victory over the Broncos came on Feb. 2, 2002, a 62-51 decision during Boise State's first season in the WAC.
- NCAA BB
BOISE ST 74
SAN JOSE ST 76 FINAL
Jan 15 12:00 AM
- NCAA BB
BOISE ST 42
SAN JOSE ST 42 HALFTIME
Jan 14 10:43 PM
- Correction: New Mexico-San Jose St story Jan 25
- Boise State blows out Concordia (Ore.) 100-53 Nov 23
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- No. 25 Boise State drops Air Force to reach MWC SFs Mar 12
- Air Force takes on Boise State in MWC quarterfinals Mar 12
- Broncos down Aztecs in MWC battle Mar 1
- Broncos and Aztecs do battle in MWC fracas Feb 28
- Gillon powers No. 24 Colorado State past Boise State Dec 31
- Broncos and Rams square off in Mountain West opener Dec 31