Robinson leads Long Beach State to 67-47 victoryJan 15, 2010 - 5:38 AM LONG BEACH, Calif.(AP) -- T.J. Robinson had 19 points and 12 rebounds Thursday to lead Long Beach State to a 67-47 victory over UC Santa Barbara.
Casper Ware added 13 points and Larry Anderson had 10 for the 49ers (8-9, 2-2 Big West).
Orlando Johnson led Santa Barbara (8-7, 3-2) with 12 points.
Long Beach State prevailed despite committing 22 turnovers and making only 28 percent (7 of 25) of its 3-pointers and 50 percent (6 of 12) of its free throws. The 49ers shot 45 percent overall from the field.
Santa Barbara was even sloppier, committing 29 turnovers while shooting 32.7 percent (16 of 49) from the field, 22.2 percent (4 of 18) from 3-point range and 64.7 percent (11 of 17) from the line.
The game was tied 32-32 in the opening minute of the second half before Long Beach went on a 12-0 run. Santa Barbara never got closer than seven points the rest of the way.
- NCAA BB
UC SNTA BARBARA 47
LONG BEACH ST 67 FINAL
Jan 14 11:50 PM
- NCAA BB
UC SNTA BARBARA 30
LONG BEACH ST 32 HALFTIME
Jan 14 10:56 PM
- Louisville handles Long Beach to get back on track Dec 30
- Cardinals seek redemption in clash with 49ers Dec 30
- No. 17 St. John's routs Long Beach State Dec 23
- 49ers hoping to calm Red Storm Dec 22
- Texas holds off Long Beach State Dec 21
- Long Beach State faces uphill climb in tussle with Texas Dec 20
- San Diego State edges Long Beach State Dec 11
- Aztecs to try and continue dominance over Golden State foes Dec 10
- Kansas handles challenge from UCSB Nov 15
- No. 5 Kansas lifts lid on season against UC Santa Barbara Nov 14
- Missouri gets past Long Beach State Jan 4
- Tigers close out non-league play against 49ers Jan 4