San Francisco gets past Loyola Marymount 70-67Jan 15, 2010 - 5:40 AM LOS ANGELES(AP) -- Kwame Vaughn scored six of his 17 points in the final 2 minutes and led four San Francisco players in double figures in a 70-67 victory over Loyola Marymount on Thursday night.
Perris Blackwell added 11 points and Dior Lowhorn and Rashad Green 10 apiece for the Dons (7-11, 2-1 West Coast Conference).
Larry Davis scored 16 points off the bench, Jarred DuBois added 15 and Vernon Teel had 13 points and a game-high eight assists for the Lions (9-9, 0-2), who lost their second in a row after winning six straight.
The Dons led 68-67 with 12 seconds left when Blackwell was fouled. He missed both free throws, but Green tipped in the second miss to ice the win with 11 seconds to play. Loyola Marymount's Ashley Hamilton launched a 3-pointer with 5 seconds left, but it was long off the back iron.
- NCAA BB
SAN FRANCISCO 70
LOYOLA MARYMNT 67 FINAL
Jan 15 12:00 AM
- NCAA BB
SAN FRANCISCO 32
LOYOLA MARYMNT 30 HALFTIME
Jan 14 10:56 PM
- New San Francisco coach Kyle Smith seeks another turnaround Apr 1
- Kyle Smith new San Francisco basketball coach Mar 30
- San Francisco fires coach Rex Walters after 8 seasons Mar 9
- Gonzaga rallies to down San Francisco Mar 8
- Dons challenge Zags in WCC Tournament action Mar 7
- No. 3 Gonzaga blows past Loyola Marymount Feb 13
- Lions face tall task in clash with third-ranked Bulldogs Feb 12
- Gonzaga holds off San Francisco Feb 8
- Balanced Zags beat LMU Jan 18
- First vs. worst in the WCC, as Zags visit Lions Jan 17
- No. 6 Gonzaga cruises past San Francisco Jan 9
- San Francisco hits road seeking upset of No. 6 Gonzaga Jan 8