Loyola beats Marist 68-61Jan 16, 2010 - 2:17 AM BALTIMORE(AP) -- Freshman Robert Olson scored a career-high 20 points, helping Loyola (Md.) snap a three-game losing skid with a 68-61 win over Marist on Friday night.
J'hared Hall added a career-best 16 points and Tony Lewis chipped in 10 for the Greyhounds (9-8, 2-5 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference), who have won four of the last five meetings between the schools.
Marist leads the all-time series 27-19.
Hall hit five 3-pointers and Olson nailed four (career highs for both), as the Greyhounds finished 13-for-26 from long range (50 percent). The 13 3-pointers are the most Loyola has hit this season.
The Red Foxes went 9-for-20 from beyond the arc (45 percent).
Sam Prescott scored 21 points to lead the Red Foxes (1-16, 1-6), who have lost four straight. Marist opened the season on an 11-game skid before beating MAAC foe Manhattan on Jan. 2, for its only win.
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA MD 68 FINAL
Jan 15 9:04 PM
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA MD 36 HALFTIME
Jan 15 7:57 PM
- Marist hires Maker to replace Bower Jun 17
- Late surge gets No. 13 UConn past Loyola Nov 27
- Greyhounds hoping to run past 13th-ranked Huskies Nov 26
- Loyola-Maryland promotes Smith to head coach Apr 12
- Marist names Bower men's basketball coach Apr 11
- Report: Loyola-Maryland extends Patsos Mar 28
- Thomas pours in 31 as Ohio State routs Loyola-Maryland Mar 16
- Buckeyes battle Greyhounds to begin tournament run Mar 15
- Loyola-Maryland captures first MAAC title since '94 Mar 6
- Stags and Greyhounds meet for MAAC Tournament title Mar 5
- No. 3 Kentucky downs Loyola-Maryland behind balanced attack Dec 22
- Greyhounds face tall task in clash with third-ranked Wildcats Dec 22