Loyola of Chicago thwarts Illinois-Chicago 55-50Jan 16, 2010 - 4:51 AM CHICAGO(AP) -- Geoff McCammon scored 26 points, going 6 of 7 from 3-point range, to lead Loyola of Chicago to a 55-50 victory Friday night in its crosstown rivalry with Illinois-Chicago.
McCammon won a shootout with Robo Kreps, who led Illinois-Chicago with 20 points. No other player on either team hit double figures.
Courtney Stanley had seven assists for the Ramblers (12-5, 3-4 Horizon League), who broke a three-game losing streak. Brad Birton grabbed 10 rebounds for the Flames (5-12, 1-6), who lost their fourth in a row.
The Ramblers held edges of 42.9 percent to 30.5 percent in shooting and 41-31 in rebounding.
Loyola led 42-34 with 13:03 left. UIC tied it 46-46 on Kreps' 3-pointer with 8:41 to go.
But the Flames went scoreless over the next 5:57, with eight missed shots and two turnovers, while the Ramblers went ahead 52-46 and never trailed again.
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA CHI 55
ILLINOIS CHI 50 FINAL
Jan 15 11:08 PM
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA CHI 28
ILLINOIS CHI 30 HALFTIME
Jan 15 9:49 PM
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- Warhawks and Ramblers clash in CBI championship series Mar 30
- UIC hires McClain as men's basketball coach Mar 23
- Illinois-Chicago fires Moore Mar 10
- Northern Iowa downs Loyola to reach MVC final Mar 7
- MVC semifinals pits Panthers against Ramblers Mar 7
- No. 11 UNI rolls past Loyola of Chicago Feb 18
- Ramblers welcome 11th-ranked Panthers to town Feb 18
- VanVleet powers Wichita State past Loyola-Chicago Jan 28
- Ramblers seek upset of 12th-ranked Shockers Jan 28