Northern Arizona defeats Eastern Washington 73-69Jan 16, 2010 - 3:19 AM CHENEY, Wash.(AP) -- Cameron Jones scored five of his game-high 28 points in the final minute, carrying Northern Arizona to a 73-69 victory over Eastern Washington on Friday night.
Jones hit 12 of 15 shots and added nine rebounds for the Lumberjacks (8-9, 2-4 Big Sky.) Josh Lepley and Shane Johannsen added 11 points apiece for the Lumberjacks, who shot 54.9 percent.
Five players scored in double figures for the Eagles (6-12, 2-3), led by Benny Valentine's 14 points off the bench. Jeffrey Forbes added 13 points and Brandon Moore had 11 points and 10 rebounds for the Eagles, who managed just 19 points off 22 Northern Arizona turnovers.
In a game featuring 18 lead changes and 12 ties, Jones' free throw pushed the Lumberjacks' lead to 71-69 with 18.3 seconds left. Then the Eagles committed a turnover, and Jones converted a layup with 6 seconds left to ice it.
- NCAA BB
NORTHRN ARIZONA 73
EASTERN WASH 69 FINAL
Jan 15 9:52 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTHRN ARIZONA 36
EASTERN WASH 35 HALFTIME
Jan 15 8:51 PM
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- Eastern Washington routs D-III member George Fox 126-64 Nov 15
- Northern Arizona returns 4 players from CIT runner-up team Nov 4
- Evansville claims CIT title over Northern Arizona Apr 2
- Northern Arizona and Evansville clash for CIT crown Apr 2
- Eastern Washington's Harvey turning pro Apr 1
- Georgetown topples Eastern Washington to advance Mar 20
- Hoyas set sights on Eagles in South Regional action Mar 19
- Northern Arizona coach suspended for fracas in Big Sky tourney Mar 15
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- Unbeaten Huskies rally past Eastern Washington Dec 14