George Mason beats James Madison 82-71Jan 16, 2010 - 10:04 PM HARRISONBURG, Va.(AP) -- Cam Long scored 24 points, including sinking 10 free throws, to lead George Mason in an 82-71 win over James Madison on Saturday.
Andre Cornelius added 19 points and Ryan Pearson had 10 for the Patriots (11-7, 6-1 Colonial Athletic Association), who have won three in a row to hold onto a first-place tie with Northeastern in the CAA. Cornelius finished with three 3-pointers.
George Mason opened the game on a 15-2 run, sparked by a pair of 3s from Cornelius, and never trailed en route to victory.
The Patriots led by five at halftime and outscored the Dukes 46-40 in the second half.
George Mason scored 19 points off of 12 James Madison turnovers.
Julius Wells scored 21 points to lead the Dukes (8-9, 2-5), who have lost two straight and five of their last seven. Denzel Bowles added 15 points and Pierre Curtis had 13.
- James Madison hires alum Louis Rowe as men's hoops coach Mar 31
- Matt Brady out at James Madison as men's basketball coach Mar 14
- George Mason senior Patrick Holloway suspended for 6 games Nov 10
- George Mason hires Bucknell's Paulsen as coach Mar 30
- George Mason dismisses Paul Hewitt Mar 16
- Short-handed VCU handles George Mason Feb 5
- George Mason entertains No. 18 Virginia Commonwealth Feb 4
- Oklahoma downs George Mason Dec 31
- 18th-ranked Sooners play host to Patriots Dec 31
- Buckeyes beat up on Dukes Nov 28
- Virginia cruises past JMU in opener Nov 15
- Instate foes collide as Cavs take on Dukes Nov 14