Maryland-Eastern Shore defeats Florida A&M 67-51Jan 17, 2010 - 4:10 AM TALLAHASEE, Fla.(AP) -- Sean Berry scored 10 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to help Maryland-Eastern Shore defeat Florida A&M 67-51 on Saturday night.
The Hawks (4-11, 2-1 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) snapped a 19-game road losing streak, winning away from Princess Anne, Md. for the first time since a 73-58 victory at North Carolina Central on Jan. 21, 2009. They shot 48.8 percent from the field (21 of 43) against the Rattlers (3-13, 1-3), snapping a seven-game losing streak.
Neal Pitt scored 15 points and Kevin White and Tim Burns added 12 points apiece for Maryland-Eastern Shore.
The Hawks, who outrebounded Florida A&M 43-28, led 33-20 at halftime.
The Rattlers shot 32.7 percent from the field (18 of 55), and made just 15 percent from 3-point range (3 of 20).
Florida A&M was led by Christopher Walker with 11 points and Rasheem Jenkins with 10.
- NCAA BB
MD EASTRN SHORE 67
FLORIDA A&M 51 FINAL
Jan 16 9:58 PM
- NCAA BB
MD EASTRN SHORE 33
FLORIDA A&M 20 HALFTIME
Jan 16 8:45 PM
- Florida A&M holds off Thomas (Ga.) 70-68 behind Bernard Nov 19
- No. 15 VCU beats UMES 106-66 Nov 20
- Rams butt heads with Hawks in Legends Classic Nov 20
- No. 12 Villanova eases past Maryland-Eastern Shore Nov 18
- Hawks hope to soar past Wildcats Nov 17
- UMES hires Collins to replace Allen Apr 8
- UMES, Allen part ways after six seasons Mar 12
- Kilpatrick helps Bearcats dominate Hawks Dec 8
- No. 11 Bearcats battle Hawks Dec 8
- Virginia cruises to 9th straight win Dec 27
- Hawks pay visit to 23rd-ranked Cavaliers Dec 27
- Brown leads No. 8 Pitt to easy win Dec 19