Lee's late jumper lifts Towson past Delaware 71-68Jan 16, 2010 - 8:31 PM NEWARK, Del.(AP) -- Calvin Lee made a go-ahead jumper with 2:45 left to lift Towson to a 71-68 win over Delaware on Saturday.
Lee, who shot 9-for-13 from the floor, got his first-career double-double with 21 points and 10 rebounds for the Tigers (4-12, 1-6 Colonial Athletic Association). Robert Nwankwo finished with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
Towson rallied from a seven-point deficit midway through the second half to earn its fourth straight win over the Blue Hens (5-13, 1-6). Delaware took a 67-64 lead with 4:16 left to play on a layup by Josh Brinkley, who led the Blue Hens with 17 points and eight boards.
But Nwankwo's dunk and Lee's jumper put the Tigers up for good.
Isaiah Philmore scored 12 points and grabbed eight rebounds for Towson. Josh Thornton had 10 points.
Alphonso Dawson had 16 points and seven rebounds for Delaware. Jawan Carter had 15 points and five assists.
- Delaware fires men's basketball coach Monte Ross Mar 18
- Late free throw helps Delaware top Fairleigh Dickinson 73-72 Nov 24
- Villanova routs Delaware Nov 30
- Undefeated Wildcats entertain hapless Blue Hens Nov 30
- Delaware's Threatt kicked off team Jun 10
- Skerry's contract extended through 2020 May 2
- Payne stars as Michigan State dumps Delaware in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Spartans begin tournament against Blue Hens Mar 20
- Delaware edges William & Mary for CAA title Mar 11
- Tribe and Hens square off in CAA title tilt Mar 10
- Delaware basketball suspends three Jan 29
- Ross, No. 3 Ohio State top Delaware Dec 19