St. Francis defeats Wagner College 60-53Jan 17, 2010 - 2:53 AM STATEN ISLAND, N.Y.(AP) -- Ricky Cadell scored 22 points and led St. Francis (N.Y.) to a 60-53 victory over Wagner College on Saturday night.
Cadell shot 7-for-17 from the field and nailed four 3-pointers for the Terriers (7-9, 4-2 Northeast Conference). Kayode Ayeni chipped in with 12 points.
The game was close throughout, and a 3-pointer from Wagner's Chris Martin cut the Terriers' lead to 50-49 with 3:48 remaining. However, the Terriers responded with an 8-0 run, and a layup from Ayeni gave St. Francis a 58-49 lead with 57 seconds left to secure the win.
Martin finished with 16 points and six rebounds to lead the Seahawks (2-17, 0-6), who have lost eight straight games. Tyler Murray chipped in with 14 points and five assists.
Wagner shot 46.3 percent from the field (19-for-41), but committed 22 turnovers that led to 22 points for the Terriers. The Seahawks were also outscored 10-0 on fast break points.
- Top-seeded Wagner tops Robert Morris 59-50 in NEC tourney Mar 2
- Wagner beats Robert Morris 62-54 behind Carey Feb 27
- St. Francis Brooklyn holds off Robert Morris 82-72 Feb 20
- St. Francis (BKN) holds off Robert Morris 56-49 Jan 9
- Wagner edges Robert Morris 72-69 Jan 4
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- No. 9 Syracuse survives scare from St. Francis Nov 18
- Terriers take on Orange in Maui Invitational regional action Nov 18
- No. 8 Syracuse downs Wagner in home opener Nov 18
- Wagner takes on No. 8 Syracuse Nov 18
- Bashir Mason takes over Wagner hoops Mar 26