Saint Joseph's 65, St. Bonaventure 68Jan 17, 2010 - 3:57 AM OLEAN, N.Y. (AP) -- Michael Davenport tied his season high with 19 points and St. Bonaventure rallied to beat Saint Joseph's 68-65 Saturday night.
The Bonnies (8-8, 1-2 Atlantic 10 Conference) overcame a nine-point halftime deficit to snap a three-game skid.
The first half was tied on nine occasions, the last at 24 with 7:08 to go. The Hawks (5-11, 1-3) then went on a 13-4 run to lead 37-28 at halftime.
A Davenport layup tied it at 38 and the Bonnies led 63-53 with 6:18 left. Saint Joseph's pulled ahead with an 11-0 run, then St. Bonaventure regained the lead for good on Chris Matthews' 3-pointer with 2:02 left.
After Darrin Govens, who led the Hawks with 15 points, hit a free throw for 66-65 with 9 seconds to go, Malcolm Eleby sealed the win with two foul shots. Garrett Williamson's 3 missed with 2 seconds left, sending Saint Joseph's to its second straight loss and fifth in six games.
- NCAA BB
SAINT JOSEPHS 65
ST BONAVENTURE 68 FINAL
Jan 16 9:04 PM
- NCAA BB
SAINT JOSEPHS 37
ST BONAVENTURE 28 HALFTIME
Jan 16 7:50 PM
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Saint Joseph's and Cincinnati to play in 1st round of NCAAs Mar 17
- Surprising St. Bonaventure nudges into NCAA Tournament talk Mar 10
- Saint Joseph's flying high as Atlantic 10 contenders Feb 19
- Saint Joseph's rolls to 75-60 win over Penn Jan 20
- St. Bonaventure stuns VCU on buzzer-beater Feb 7
- Bonnies entertain 18th-ranked Rams Feb 7
- Sharp shooting leads VCU past Saint Joseph's Jan 11
- Hawks seek upset of 20th-ranked Rams Jan 10
- No. 10 Villanova rolls past Saint Joseph's Dec 6
- Bitter rivals clash, as Hawks visit Wildcats Dec 6
- No. 13 Gonzaga rips SJU Nov 20